35 Day 300-Hr Vinyasa & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training on Koh Phangan, Thailand
Join ULU Yoga’s Aerial Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand at a paradise beachside resort. Become a registered Yoga Alliance instructor or simply have fun while enjoying a rejuvenating yoga retreat and life-changing experience on Koh Phangan Island.
Experience a dynamic mix of traditional hatha yoga and dynamic vinyasa flow, two full weeks of aerial yoga specialization and fun new styles like acro and SUP yoga. Deepen your knowledge with therapeutic-based anatomy, ayurveda, sacred yoga philosophy & daily meditation.
Advance your skills with detailed analytics, alignment and adjustments. Practice teaching every day to gain new confidence. Set your spirit free with beach yoga, ecstatic dance and kirtan. Create a loving yoga family and lifelong friends.
- Koh Phangan island is a magical paradise with the best beaches in Thailand. Enjoy pristine nature, exotic wildlife, lush jungle, mountains and waterfalls. The yoga centre has an ocean view yoga shala, swimming pool and three gorgeous beaches.
Early Bird Discount
- $300 Early Bird
- Book 6 weeks early
- Included in listed prices
1) Book Now
- $599 Pay a deposit to book your spot.
- $3199 Tuition only (no room or food)
- Includes tuition, room & food
- $3859 Shared fan room
- $3889 Private fan bungalow
- $4019 Private fan room
- $4049 Shared a/c room
- $4319 Private a/c room
- $4939 Deluxe a/c room
- $3429 Extra person
- Feb 16 - March 21
- This course takes place at Bounty Resort in Haad Yao, Koh Phangan, Thailand. Bounty is a serene resort with lush green gardens, free wi-fi, swimming pool, restaurant, mid-range accommodation, sunny ocean view yoga shala, a small private beach and two more beaches just a couple minutes walk.
- Great sea views balconies with dreamy hammocks and mosquito net double beds. Many don’t have hot water, but in Thailand cold showers are a welcome refreshment..
- More modern concrete rooms with double beds, small desk, hot water and partial or full sea-view balconies. Shared rooms have two twin beds.
Standard A/C Rooms
- Also more modern rooms with queen beds, small desk and hot water. Most have partial or full sea-view balconies. Shared rooms have two twin beds.
Deluxe A/C Rooms
- Modern rooms with amazing seafront balconies on the cliff looking down onto the beach, queen beds, desk, fridge, tea kettle, wardrobe, tv and hot water.
- If your friend or partner wants to join the TT and share your private room (with one two beds), you will add this amount to your remaining balance.
- You can just pay tuition and self-book accommodation. ULU Yoga only rents the Yoga Shala at Bounty Resort. Next door at Haad Son Resort and High Life Bungalows are both more luxurious and budget options, whereas Bounty is mid-range, but more serene and convenient.
- Packages include a healthy vegan breakfast except for days off, including fresh tropical fruits, coconut milk, muesli, rice porridge, green smoothies, ginger lemon tea and more. Lunch and dinner packages may be added for 200THB each meal if enough people sign up. Plus the resort has a nice restaurant serving delicious Thai and Western food all day.
- Also for lunch and dinner there are many healthy vegan cafes and budget options right next door, on the beach and nearby at Loccos Pizza, Bubbas Coffee, Pura Vida, Big Mountain, Taboon, Eat Co, Karma Cafe, Pure Vegan, Green Gallery, Aree’s Ayurveda, Orion Center, Chana Masala, Sati Pot, L’alcove and Seed to Feed.
- Enjoy an ocean view shala & private beach
- Explore new styles aerial, acro & sup yoga
- Change your life with sacred philosophy
- Practice classical hatha & vinyasa flow
- Expert analytics, alignment & adjustments
- Unite body & mind with holistic anatomy
- Join sharing circles to give your feedback
- Practice teaching to be a confident instructor
- 100hrs Aerial Yoga specialization
- Yoga Alliance teacher training certificate
- Printed course manuals & online videos
- Free Traditional Thai Massage
- Free airport transportation to the resort
- Sea view accommodation at beachside resort
- Healing food to nourish your body
- The schedule is subject to change according to student needs and travel plans.
Sunday (day 1)
- 14:00 - 19:00 Check in
- 19:00 - 21:00 Orientation
Monday - Saturday
- 06:30 - 07:00 Mediation
- 07:00 - 09:00 Morning yoga
- 09:00 - 10:00 Breakfast
- 10:00 - 11:00 Lecture
- 11:00 - 13:00 Asana studies
- 13:00 - 15:30 Lunch
- 15:30 - 17:00 Workshops
- 17:00 - 18:30 Evening yoga
- 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner
- Some Saturdays and Sundays are half days or full days off and may include rejuvenating workshops such as chakra awakening, sound healing, SUP yoga and ayurveda. Then you can enjoy free time or join additional activities like kirtan with live music and ecstatic dance.
Saturday (day 35)
- 06:30 - 09:00 Closing ceremony
- 09:00 - 10:00 Breakfast
This 300-Hr MultiStyle Yoga TT course has 3 modules. Each modules can be taken separately and participants may vary.
- Feb 16 - Feb 22 (50-Hr Restorative Aerial TT)
- Feb 23 - Feb 29 (50-Hr Aerial Yoga TT)
- Mar 01 - Mar 21 (200-Hr MultiStyle Yoga TT)
- Week 1 is a specialized aerial yoga training, which includes detailed aerial analytics, alignment, class design, teaching practice and unique workshops like aerial acro, aerial acrobatics and choreography. These workshops are suitable for beginners and more about exploring what amazing things beginners can achieve with creativity rather than advanced skills and strength.
- Week 2 is a specialized restorative aerial yoga training, which focuses more on healing the physical body to treat injuries with aerial yin and aerial massage, emotional stress and trauma release though deep relaxation, connection to the chakras, nadis and energetic systems, insight meditation to facilitate spiritual awakening, detailed anatomical studies of the spine, fascia tissue and more.
- Weeks 3-5 are MultiStyle training, which include hatha, vinyasa, acro, SUP and more aerial yoga, philosophy, anatomy and more...see Course Structure below for more details.
- If you have already completed a 200-Hr Yoga TT, this module may include some intro material from your previous course and be joined by beginner students (but they are given much pre-course work so that we may advance quicker and go into greater depth).
- We go very deep into philosophy, meditation, pranayama, energetics and ayurveda. We provide you with the structure and support to integrate these teachings and practices into your daily life, not just learn about them, so you that you may create and sustain a lifelong authentic and ethical yoga lifestyle beyond the course.
- Regardless of how basic or advanced certain poses or concepts are taught, the content will be presented by new instructors with different backgrounds in a different context. This will serve to reinforce your previous studies, deepen your understanding and expand your knowledge with fresh perspective.
- Yoga Practice
- Each morning starts with meditation, pranayama (breathing) and kriyas (cleansing techniques) to purify the body and mind. Through meditation you will gain insight into the true nature of being, consciousness and reality to attain clarity, control, peace and happiness.
- Hatha yoga is the root of all modern yoga and involves holding traditional asanas for longer periods of time to learn correct alignment, build strength, gain flexibility and cultivate mindfulness necessary to practice more advanced styles such as vinyasa. 2-3x a week.
- Vinyasa yoga connects traditional asanas and advanced variations with breath and movement to create graceful dynamic flows. Each class is a unique experience that invokes a thoughtful journey to test ones limits and explore new possibilities. 2-3x a week.
- Since 2014, ULU Yoga has conducted nearly 100 Aerial Yoga Trainings and is a global leader in the industry. ULU Yoga is famous for their unique style aerial yoga and created the popular ULU Yoga Swing, which has cushion padding for greater comfort and support than regular silk hammocks.
- You will practice mainly with the ULU Yoga Swing, but you may also practice with silk hammocks if you prefer. In Bali you must bring your own silk hammock, but in Thailand we have both.
- Weeks 1-2 are specialiced aerial yoga training, as described in the Module section above. Weeks 3-5 include more traditional aerial yoga classes to give you a strong foundation in teaching regular studio classes. Classes focus on correct alignment and technique to help you to master traditional yoga asanas and achieve advanced poses.
- ULU Aerial Yoga does not teach anti-gravity or silk hammock complicated wrapping and tricks, except for occasional special workshops. 2x week.
- Acro yoga teaches you trust and communicate in fun and challenging new ways. It improves focus, balance, alignment and offers therapeutic benefits similar to Thai Massage. You will learn beginner and intermediate poses and practice how to teach them skilfully through methodology lectures. 3 classes.
- SUP Yoga or Stand Up Paddle Board, offers a direct connection to nature while floating above crystal clear waters. Similar to acro yoga, SUP helps deepen the skills required for regular asanas as it requires maximum focus and balance. You will also learn SUP yoga methodology and opt to practice teaching. 3 classes, plus free use of SUP boards in free time.
- Special workshops may include yoga for injuries and pregnancy, hands-on adjustments, working with props, yin yoga, yoga nidra, lectures on ayurveda, vegan cooking, chakra opening and sound healing, aerial acro, aerial restorative, aerial massage, aerial acrobatics, aerial choreography. 1-2x classes each and subject to change.
- Examine the key poses in each category of asana (standing poses, forward bends, backbends, twists and inversions). The goal is to understand their form and function with emphasis on correct alignment, plus their common foundation and how to build upon it. 4-5x a week.
- Learn the biomechanics of movement, the principles of compression and proportion and working with different body types. Study the bodily systems including respiratory, muscular, skeletal and energetic. Examine the health benefits of various asanas to treat various illnesses and injuries.
- Explore sacred wisdom Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. Integrate the yamas and niyamas into your daily life to create an authentic yoga lifestyle. Gain insight into the subtle layers of the energetic body, chakras and nadis and their relation to modern medical science.
- Teaching Practice
- ULU Yoga's greatest strength is producing confident skilled instructors. You will practice teaching every day plus design and teach an original class each week followed by detailed feedback. This has proven to be exceptionally effective and many students get great jobs after completing the course.
- Teaching Methodology
- Learn the qualities of a good teacher, different teaching styles, communication skills, principles of demonstration, observation, time management, group dynamics, fulfilling individual needs, working in various group settings plus establishing priorities and boundaries.
- Self Study
- Students must complete 30 hours of pre-course work. ULU Yoga has online videos to practice some basic poses and pranayama. During the course there is daily self-study, group work and various assignments such as designing original classes and preparing short presentations.
- One morning you will visit the resort's private beach and do aerial flying over the ocean. Learn to make a bamboo aerial tripod, how to take great pictures for fun, marketing and professional development, lead events, give demonstrations, manage groups, crowd control and safety.
- Additional excursions may include the magical Dome Sauna, a magical sanctuary with an herbal steam sauna, sound healing singing bowls and a bonfire for stargazing. (Entry fee 200THB and taxi 200THB not included).
- 50-Hr Aerial students receive a detailed course manual, which includes detailed descriptions of over 50 poses, sequenced and fully scripted as a complete class with video, which students can memorize and modify to teach confidently. Manuals also include anatomy, yoga history, class outlines, quizzes, safety tips and technical info.
- 200/300/500-Hr students receive printed course manuals based on Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens, Hatha Illustrated by Martin Kirk and Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff, Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika and the Bhagavad Gita. You are encouraged to read these in advance.
ULU Yoga Swing
- ULU Yoga is famous for their cushioned aerial swings. The ULU Yoga Swing has special padding and polythread fabric, which provide greater comfort and support so you don’t slip or bruise the skin like with regular silk hammocks. The cost of a ULU Yoga Swing is $159, and includes straps and carabiners. Students get a 10% discount.
- This course is open to all levels and students are recommended to take rest and modify as needed for advanced poses. Before starting the course you should do yoga at least twice a week for a couple months plus practice along with ULU Yoga's online videos and get a medical check-up.
- The key to ULU Yoga’s success has been open communication. Each week there is a group sharing circle to maintain group harmony and ensure your personal and academic needs are met so your time is truly enjoyable and nurturing on all levels to create a holistic experience.
Yoga Alliance Certificate
- ULU Yoga RYS is a 200-Hr, 300-Hr and 500-Hr Registered School plus a Continuing Education Provider with Yoga Alliance USA. After successfully completing a course you will receive a certificate of completion and become eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).
- Yoga Alliance RYT who complete a 50-Hr or 100-Hr Aerial Yoga TT (or other additional course on offer), will receive a Yoga Alliance Certificate of Continuing Education, which counts as Additional Teacher Training Hours.
- Non-RYT (people who have not completed a 200-Hr Yoga Alliance accredited Teacher Training), will still receive a certificate of completion. Many employers accept this as a qualified teaching credential and ULU Yoga graduates (both RYT and non-RYT) teach aerial, acro, hatha, vinyasa and SUP yoga all over the world.
ULU Yoga School
- Since 2014, ULU Yoga has led over 100 yoga courses and produced over 500 new instructors. ULU Yoga strives to be creative and unique while still honouring the sacred wisdom of traditional yoga as a means to better health, happiness and spiritual liberation.
Are You ULU?
- We originally chose the name ULU simply because it sounded nice and had no meaning in English, like AUM. After getting into aerial we surprisingly learned it meant owl in Hindi.
- The owl is like an aerial yogi who sits in quiet meditation, peering through the darkness to dispel ignorance and illuminate the true nature of reality. He then flies into action with wisdom and skill to achieve his goal. ULU also means whirlwind or crazy in arabic languages, where they say “Are you ULU?”.
- We define ULU as Universal Love and Understanding. All together this summarises perfectly ULU Yoga’s love for traditional yoga and crazy styles like aerial, which can serve to uplift and unite humanity.
- Instructors are carefully chosen so that each subject is taught by a trained specialist. Please double check with us to see who is teaching, as teacher availability can change.
- Viktoria (Germany, Russia) has over 20 years of yoga experience. She did her first 200-Hr TT in Hatha Yoga, followed by a 500-Hr TT in Therapeutic Yoga. She also has certifications in acro yoga, aerial yoga, deep tissue massage, nadi healing touch and traditional tantra yoga. Viktoria has a most vibrant energy, but is also a serious scholar. She has a Masters in Chemical Engineering, taught at university and worked in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Viktoria leads 200-Hr and 300-Hr yoga teacher trainings in Asia, Europe and India plus has extensive knowledge of yoga philosophy, anatomy and ayurveda. Viktoria's deep craving for study and self-development lead her to combine western medical science with spirituality and yoga to create a compressive holistic health approach and clear understandable teaching. Her greatest skill is inspiring others to wake up and live plus uniting groups and filling the room with love and laughter.
Cody Gavin Pizer
- Cody (South Africa) started yoga in 2010. He completed his 200-Hr MultiStyle Yoga TT with Green Yoga in India. He also has certifications in aerial and SUP yoga. Cody has several years experience as lead instructor on numerous yoga trainings specializing in vinyasa, aerial and SUP yoga plus presents engaging lectures on anatomy and philosophy. He is also a credible authority on diet and nutrition as a long-time raw vegan intermittent faster.
- Cody has led mindfulness retreats, mixed movement arts and parkour workshops in Bali, India, Malaysia and Cambodia plus taught at the famous Yoga Barn on Bali and Blue Indigo in Cambodia. He has an uninhibited spirit, which directs his life and inspires others to grow beyond themselves. Cody’s passion for movement as a whole interconnected discipline translates into all of his classes. He loves to motivate others through yoga, movement and philosophy to discover more about the miracle and magic that is the human body, mind and the world itself.
Things to Do
- There are three amazing beaches just a few minutes walk from the resort. You will love swimming in the turquoise sea, snorkeling with exotic fish.
- Nearby are many great restaurants, shopping, waterfalls, temples, marine parks, plus several more yoga and wellness centres for detox, yoga, dance, sauna and massage.
- Thong Sala is just a 15 min ride and has many great restaurants, shopping, markets, ferry terminal, Saturday Night Market and Pantip Food Market.
- For more adventure you can also go diving with whale sharks, take a taxi ferry around the island and visit the incredible Angthong National Marine Park archipelago consisting of 42 gorgeous little islets.
What to Bring
- ULU Yoga provides aerial yoga swings, yoga mats, printed manuals and drinking water. You can bring or buy here a water bottle or personal yoga mat and yoga towel. You should also buy a SIM card at the airport for good wi-fi.
- Most people get a 30 day visa on arrival, or 2 month visa in advance, and a 1 month extension on Koh Samui for 2,000THB.
- This course takes place at Bounty Resort, 85/1 Moo 8, Haad Yao, Ko Phangan, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand.
- For travel info and ferry tickets visit ferrysamui online. You can buy tickets online or at the airport upon arrival. Start your travels from Bangkok early to catch the best connections. ULU Yoga will reimburse 200/250/300-Hr students 600THB for transportation fare at orientation.
- From Bangkok, fly to Koh Samui Airport (1hr, $100), then take a ferry to Koh Phangan (30min, 400THB), then take a taxi to Bounty Resort (20min, 200THB).
- A cheap option is from Bangkok, fly to Surat Thani Airport (1hr, average $40), then take a ferry to Koh Phangan (4.5hrs, 400THB), then take a taxi to Bounty Resort (20min, 200THB).
- After you pay your deposit please fill out the registration form, complete your pre-course work and pay your balance 7 days before arrival. The deposit is non-refundable 21 days before start.
- The most breathtaking and life-changing experience of my life! I started with the 50hrs aerial teacher training but soon the wonderful people of this yoga teacher training program healed my soul and I couldn’t believe it but the magic was operating. I had to extend my stay in order to complete the full 200hrs TTC and that was the best decision! Shashi represents the beauty of human beings so wonderfully that it is contagious! She helped me believing in myself again after years of doubts! Her resources are endless and the way she shares it with love and passion is a blessing to this world!
- Edward deserves a medal for what he did! He has built this whole thing with his heart in order to truly help people. When someone is so passionate about what he does it is a blessing to be close in any way to this project. One of the best teachers I had on my path! Thank you endlessly for creating this opportunity for us! ULU Yoga isn’t only gonna give you the ability to become a multi style yoga teacher but they hand you the key to love in abundance! They’ve changed me and the way I perceive life and its surroundings! No money in there world can pay off what ULU Yoga and they’re wonderful teachers have given to me!
- I had the best experience with Ulu! The setting was on an island in Thailand- the resort was right next to the beach, and the weather was beautiful!!! There was a breakfast buffet everyday, which was amazing. And the beach (Haad Yao) was so picturesque. There were several instructors, and they were all amazing and knowledgeable! I loved how they put an emphasis on safety and how the poses are for each person's body. The course was a lot more intense than I had anticipated- but you learn a lot, and you get a lot of teaching practice. I took the 200hr multi-style course, so I had the pleasure of experiencing SUP yoga (on a paddle-board), acroyoga, aerial yoga, yin, hatha, vinyasa, and even a taste of ashtanga.
- Every instructor was wonderful, and I truly enjoyed learning from each and every one of them: Vik, Cody, Karen, Edward, Jennie, Minty, and the assistant: Becky. Everyone at both Ulu and Bounty Resort was super kind and helpful. One of my peers fell off a motorbike while on the island, and I had hurt my shoulder. The instructors were very understanding of our situations. Edward even let me borrow his phone when mine had broken. I would 100% recommend ULU for your yoga teaching program, and I would do the program again in a heartbeat:) I still miss the island and all the people on it!
- I've just completed my 200 hours and had an absolutely amazing experience. The amount of care and support I received with my colleagues was beyond my expectations. Edward was extremely accommodating, taking care in such a productive way to make sure I had a safe and positive experience. He helped me find my footing in Koh Phangan and offered recommendations as well as an amazing introduction to aerial yoga. Shashi gave 110% of herself to every session even after an unfortunate injury (non-yoga related). She seamlessly stitched things together for us with additional workshops and opportunities to keep the focus on growth and development which was absolutely well done and inspiring.
- Viktoria went above and beyond to pour her heart into all of us seeking to understand the true meaning of yoga and healing. One hug from her can inspire you for the entire course if you let it. Alon was hands down the most technical instructor I've ever had the pleasure of learning from. His sense of humour brought the perfect balance of lightness and attention to every session. He gave us the willpower to push ourselves and become the best version of ourselves for ourselves. There were also a few others who guest appeared in the course and brought wonderful diversity and variety to the experience. Overall incredible. I would have stayed another 200 hours if life allowed. 10/10, I highly recommend.