6 Day 50-Hr Aerial Yoga TT, Bali, Indonesia
Join ULU Yoga Teacher Training in magical paradise. Enjoy a beautiful roof top shala and become a professional yoga instructor with a 500-Hr Yoga Alliance School.
Experience a dynamic mix of traditional aerial hatha, aerial vinyasa flow, unique workshops like aerial acro, aerial choreography and aerial massage. Deepen your knowledge of alignment and anatomy from experienced masters plus do aerial outdoors flying over the water.
You can also join the course online via live stream or watch video modules to complete on your own time. Participate as an active member, get detailed feedback and personalized 1:1 support to become a skilled and confident yoga instructor.uluyoga.com
All ULU Yoga courses
Facebook Instagram Youtube
Registration Balance Pre-course
- Paradise Balinese resort
- Live streaming online courses
- Traditional hatha, vinyasa and yin
- Aerial, acro & SUP yoga workshops
- Anatomy of body, mind & energetics
- Daily meditation & yoga philosophy
- 500-Hour Yoga Alliance School
- Vegan and Vegetarian meals
Early Bird Discount
- $50 Early Bird Pay your balance 2 weeks early (included in listed prices).
- $199 Deposit
- $699 Tuition only
- $199 Online course
- Tuition, room & food
- $799 Shared a/c dorm
- $899 Shared a/c room
- $999 Private a/c room
- $799 Extra person
- July 26 - July 31 - 2020
- Aug 02 - Aug 08 - 2020 (Lv 2)
- Nov 08 - Nov 13 - 2020
- Nov 15 - Nov 20 - 2020 (Lv 2)
- Apri 25 - Apri 30 - 2021
- May 02 - May 07 - 2021 (Lv 2)
- Scroll down for more dates
- Bali is “The Island of the Gods”, one of the most popular destinations in the world. Ubud is a vibrant city full of boutique shops, temples and healthy cuisine. This course takes place at Budhi Ayu Villas, which has a beautiful rooftop yoga shala surrounded by lush green nature. Some aerial classes may be held at the Ubud Yoga Centre.
- Budhi Ayu Villas has clean spacious deluxe rooms, air-con, balcony, wi-fi, fridge, safe, TV, wardrobe, hot showers and bathtub, plus lush green gardens, swimming pool and restaurant. Shared rooms have two twin beds. A cheaper option is the Shared Dorm at Lagas Hostel, which has nice 6-8 person dorms and is just a 5 min walk from Budhi Ayu Villas.
- Enjoy a healthy vegan breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast includes fresh tropical fruits, oatmeal, muesli, coconut milk and more. Lunch and dinner follow a strict plant based superfood diet consisting of chia seeds, protein and green powders. The resort also has a western/asian menu to order additional items. Get $2 back for skipped meals.
- If your friend or partner wants to join the ULU Yoga TT with breakfast and share your private room (with one two beds), you will add this amount to your remaining balance.
- Just pay tuition and self-book room and food. Nearby are many luxury and budget options. This option does not include food, massage, taxi fare or additional activities.
- Subject to change. The total hours include pre-course work, mealtime lectures and self-study.
- 13:00 - 19:00 Check in
- 19:00 - 21:00 Orientation
Monday - Thursday
- 06:30 - 07:00 Mediation
- 07:00 - 09:00 Aerial yoga
- 09:00 - 10:00 Breakfast
- 10:00 - 11:00 Aerial lecture
- 11:00 - 13:00 Aerial asanas
- 13:00 - 15:30 Lunch
- 15:30 - 17:00 Aerial workshop
- 17:00 - 18:30 Aerial yoga
- 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner
- 06:30 - 07:00 Mediation
- 07:00 - 09:00 Morning yoga
- 09:00 - 10:00 Breakfast
- 10:00 - 11:00 Graduation
- 11:00 - 13:00 Check out
- Techniques, Training and Practice
- Begin each morning with meditation and pranayama while floating in the ULU Yoga swing to calm and clear the mind. Then practice traditional hatha styled aerial yoga to master foundational poses. Then connect breath and movement to create graceful and dynamic aerial vinyasa flows.
- Use ULU Yoga Swings to support flyers to find correct balance and alignment to easily achieve acro yoga poses. Then take aerial acro fusion to the next level and explore creative acrobatic variations, which look impossible, but with the support of the swing are actually quite simple even for total beginners.
- Practice synchronizing simple aerial sequences in pairs then coordinate as a group to choreograph an artistic performance using UV body paint and neon blacklights. It is a lot of fun, but also hard work physically and learning to work together as a team. ULU Yoga will record your performance to remember forever and amaze your friends back home.
- Make a bamboo tripod and do aerial outdoors in nature flying through the jungle and over the ocean. Receive instructions to give event demonstrations and manage crowds safely. In Thailand ULU Yoga has beachfront resort. In Ubud there is a beautiful river, but students can bring the tripod to beach during their free time or after the course.
- Asana Analytics
- Analytics is one of ULU Yoga’s strongest points. Receive detailed instruction of aerial yoga asanas, based on traditional hatha yoga alignment and vinyasa yoga technique. Learn common mistakes and how to avoid them in order to practice and instruct students safely plus modify for various levels.
- Explore the body as a holistic system, the biomechanics of movement and principles of compression and decompression with emphasis on the spine. Demonstrate these principles in action with restorative aerial, which combines physical therapy and massage to relieve pain and aid recovery from injuries.
- ULU Yoga is sincerely dedicated to sharing the sacred wisdom of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and other ancient and modern texts as a means to attain greater happiness, spiritual liberation and insight into the true nature of reality. ULU Yoga supports you to integrate the ethical principles of the yamas into your daily routine to create an authentic yoga lifestyle.
- Teaching Methodology
- Learn the qualities of a good teacher, different teaching styles, student learning process, communication skills, principles of demonstration, observation, time management, group dynamics, fulfilling individual needs, setting priorities, establishing boundaries, creating personal connections, giving feedback and lesson planning.
- Teach Practice / Practicum
- Teaching practice is one of ULU Yoga’s top strengths. You will practice teaching everyday to gain experience and develop confidence. You will design and teach an original 75 minute class followed by detailed analysis and feedback. You will leave the course ready to go out and teach professionally. Many ULU Yoga graduates get great jobs straight after the training.
- Self Study
- During the course there is daily self-study, group work and various assignments such as designing original classes and preparing short presentations. Students must also complete some pre-course work. ULU Yoga has online videos to practice before and after the course for pranayama, meditation and foundational poses as well as post course support.
- Since 2014, ULU Yoga has led over 100 yoga courses in Thailand and Bali. ULU Yoga strives to be creative and unique while still honouring the sacred wisdom of traditional yoga as a means to greater health, happiness and spiritual liberation. We picked the name ULU specifically because it had no meaning in English so we could be free from labels. After starting aerial classes, however, we learned that ULU means owl in Sanskrit and crazy or whirlwind in Arabic! Essentially ULU means to fly around and mix things up, which is exactly what we do. But we also define ULU as Universal Love and Understanding.
- ULU Yoga is a 200/300/500-Hr Registered School plus a Continuing Education Provider with Yoga Alliance USA. After successfully completing a course you will receive a Yoga Teacher Training Certificate and become eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher. 50-Hr Aerial TT graduates receive a certification of completion, which Yoga Alliance RYT can log as Additional Teacher Training Hours.
- 50-Hr Aerial TT’s include a detailed course manual with over 50 poses and scripted sequences. 200/300-Hr students receive printed manuals based on Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens and Hatha Illustrated by Martin Kirk, plus excerpts from Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika and the Bhagavad Gita.
- This course is open to all levels. Students are recommended to take rest and modify as needed for advanced poses. Before starting the course you should do yoga at least twice a week for a couple months plus practice along with ULU Yoga's online videos. You should also get a medical check-up and have travel health insurance.
- The key to ULU Yoga’s success has been open communication. Each week there is a sharing circle to maintain group harmony and ensure your personal and academic needs are met. ULU Yoga sincerely wishes that your time is truly enjoyable and nurturing on all levels to create a holistic experience.
- Instructors are carefully chosen so that each subject is taught by a trained specialist. ULU Yoga is a big team and availability is subject to change.
Edward J. Pawlak
- Edward (USA) is founder of ULU Yoga and Lead Aerial Trainer. His passion is to nurture and empower others to develop strength and confidence through quality yoga training and creative exploration in order to attain greater health and happiness plus the the skills to share it with others to create an abundance of Universal Love and Understanding around the world.
- Edward started yoga in 2007 and completed a 200-Hr Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga TT with Samyak in India and a 60-Hr Thai Massage Training. Edward received additional training from the Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre, Fly High Yoga, Anti-Gravity Yoga and Universal Yoga. He attended several Buddhist meditation courses and retreats at Tushita Meditation Centre, Thiksey Monastery, Kopan Monastery and Vuimutti Monastery, plus attended seminars with H.H. the Dalai Lama, Roubina Courtin, Tenzin Palmo and Thich Nhat Hanh.
- Edward has taught Aerial and Vinyasa Yoga at ULU Yoga, Samma Karuna, Orion Healing Centre, Bali Silent Retreat, Sarinbuana Eco Lodge, Kawaii Purapura, Blue Indigo and Tushita Meditation Centre. Before yoga, Edward taught university education in South Korea, worked in off-Broadway music theatre production and performance and interned at numerous permaculture farms in Hawaii, California, Australia and New Zealand.
- Kehkashan (Pakistan) has 20 years of yoga experience. She completed a 500-hour Advanced YTT in Nepal, plus several other courses including a 6 month long intensive training at the Institute of Classical Yoga Pakistan. She has additional certifications in Hot Yoga TT from Absolute Yoga Academy, Advance Teaching Skills at the Yoga Expert Academy, Aerial Yoga TT at ULU Yoga & Sky Yoga Level 2 TT in Bali. Kehkeh’s commitment to practice allowed her to be the first to bring Aerial Yoga in Pakistan, which soon gained popularity.
- Since then she became lead instructor for ULU Yoga teacher training courses in Bali and Thailand. Kehkeh’s’ passion for improving oneself through yoga is infectious. She is a master at taking you through the paces, drawing connections between poses, giving you the confidence to try tricky things & get into advanced poses eventually. She is tough when one needs to be challenged, & compassionate as she tailors poses to suit one’s capabilities, taking time to discuss students’ health & introduce them to pranayama & meditation, determined to take one deeper into the sublime joyride that is yoga.
- “I found yoga back in 1999. I was looking for light supple practice to heal my body after two difficult childbirths. There was only one yoga school in Pakistan at that time and I became a dedicated student. In 2000 My teacher asked me to join their yoga training. I refused as I didn’t want to be just a yoga teacher, but he insisted that you don’t have to teach and it’s also good for your own practice, so I changed my mind. Thank God for that!”
- “My first yoga training was more than 1,000 hours long over a 6 month period followed by 3 months of volunteer teaching. I really loved it and so I began to teach professionally. Since 2001 I have taught, practiced and studied every single day despite a busy family life with two kids. Each year I attend more trainings to improve my skills in various styles and will continue for the rest of my life. Thanks to yoga for giving me such an amazing meaningful life and thanks to my instructors and students for allowing me to share what I love.”
Things To Do
- One morning you will trek down the river gorge and do aerial flying through the wild jungle. Additional excursions may include SUP yoga at Sanur Beach, kirtan with live music at Sayuri, ecstatic dance at the Yoga Barn and walk through the famous Monkey Forest.
Know To Go
- ULU Yoga provides aerial yoga swings, yoga mats, printed manuals and drinking water. You can bring or buy here a water bottle or personal yoga mat and yoga towel. You should also buy a SIM card at the airport for good wi-fi. At the airport you can get a 30 day visa for $35, which you can extend for another 30 days.
Payment & Registration
- After you pay your deposit please fill out the registration form, complete your pre-course work and pay your balance on arrival. The deposit is non-refundable 5 days before the start.
- On arrival to Denpasar airport there will be like 50 taxi drivers fighting for your attention. Just pick one and show them the address and say 350,000 ($25). UU Yoga will refund you this amount at reception. Don’t get ripped off and pay more. The trip is 60-90 min long. You can also call the resort to arrange pick up, or use Grab or Uber.
- Budhi Ayu Villa - Jln. Raya Nyuh Kuning Ubud Gianyar, MAS, Gianyar, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571 +62361971105. Lagas Hostel - Br, Jl. Raya Nyuh Kuning No.13, MAS, Kecamatan Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571.
- The most breathtaking and life-changing experience of my life! I started with the 50-Hr aerial teacher training but soon the wonderful people of this yoga teacher training program healed my soul and I couldn’t believe it but the magic was operating. I had to extend my stay in order to complete the full 200-Hr TTC and that was the best decision! Shashi represents the beauty of human beings so wonderfully that it is contagious! She helped me to believe in myself again after years of doubts! Her resources are endless and the way she shares it with love and passion is a blessing to this world!
- Edward deserves a medal for what he did! He has built this whole thing with his heart in order to truly help people. When someone is so passionate about what he does it is a blessing to be close in any way to this project. One of the best teachers I had on my path! Thank you endlessly for creating this opportunity for us! ULU Yoga isn’t only gonna give you the ability to become a multi style yoga teacher but they hand you the key to love in abundance! They’ve changed me and the way I perceive life and its surroundings! No money in the world can pay off what ULU Yoga and they’re wonderful teachers have given to me!
- I had the best experience with Ulu! The setting was on an island in Thailand- the resort was right next to the beach, and the weather was beautiful!!! There was a breakfast buffet everyday, which was amazing. And the beach (Haad Yao) was so picturesque. There were several instructors, and they were all amazing and knowledgeable! I loved how they put an emphasis on safety and how the poses are for each person's body. The course was a lot more intense than I had anticipated- but you learn a lot, and you get a lot of teaching practice. I took the 200hr multi-style course, so I had the pleasure of experiencing SUP yoga (on a paddle-board), acroyoga, aerial yoga, yin, hatha, vinyasa, and even a taste of ashtanga..
- Every instructor was wonderful, and I truly enjoyed learning from each and every one of them: Vik, Cody, Karen, Edward, Jennie, Minty, and the assistant: Becky. Everyone at both Ulu and Bounty Resort was super kind and helpful. The instructors were very understanding of our situation. Edward even let me borrow his phone when mine had broken. I would 100% recommend ULU for your yoga teaching program, and I would do the program again in a heartbeat:) I still miss the island and all the people on it!
- I've just completed my 200 hours and had an absolutely amazing experience. The amount of care and support I received with my colleagues was beyond my expectations. Edward was extremely accommodating, taking care in such a productive way to make sure I had a safe and positive experience. He helped me find my footing in Koh Phangan and offered recommendations as well as an amazing introduction to aerial yoga. Shashi gave 110% of herself to every session even after an unfortunate injury (non-yoga related). She seamlessly stitched things together for us with additional workshops and opportunities to keep the focus on growth and development which was absolutely well done and inspiring.
- Viktoria went above and beyond to pour her heart into all of us seeking to understand the true meaning of yoga and healing. One hug from her can inspire you for the entire course if you let it. Alon was hands down the most technical instructor I've ever had the pleasure of learning from. His sense of humour brought the perfect balance of lightness and attention to every session. He gave us the willpower to push ourselves and become the best version of ourselves for ourselves. There were also a few others who guest appeared in the course and brought wonderful diversity and variety to the experience. Overall incredible. I would have stayed another 200 hours if life allowed. 10/10, I highly recommend it.
- Combine the 50hr and 200hr to make 250/300/500hr TT. Adv means advanced, you should already have at least 1 year experience practicing yoga or have completed a prior course listed here or somewhere else.
- July 05 - July 25 - 2020 (200hr)
- July 05 - Aug 29 - 2020 (500hr)
- July 26 - July 31 - 2020 (50hr)
- July 26 - Aug 29 - 2020 (300hr)
- Aug 02 - Aug 08 - 2020 (50hr Adv)
- Aug 09 - Aug 29 - 2020 (200hr Adv)
- Oct 18 - Nov 07 - 2020 (200hr)
- Oct 18 - Dec 12 - 2020 (500hr)
- Nov 08 - Nov 13 - 2020 (50hr)
- Nov 08 - Dec 12 - 2020 (300hr)
- Nov 15 - Nov 20 - 2020 (50hr Adv)
- Nov 22 - Dec 12 - 2020 (200hr Adv)
- Apri 04 - Apri 24 - 2021 (200hr)
- Apri 04 - May 29 - 2021 (500hr)
- Apri 25 - Apri 30 - 2021 (50hr)
- Apri 25 - May 29 - 2021 (300hr)
- May 02 - May 07 - 2021 (50hr Adv)
- May 09 - May 29 - 2021 (200hr Adv)
- July 04 - July 24 - 2021 (200hr)
- July 04 - Aug 28 - 2021 (500hr)
- July 25 - July 30 - 2021 (50hr)
- July 25 - Aug 28 - 2021 (300hr)
- Aug 01 - Aug 06 - 2021 (50hr Adv)
- Aug 08 - Aug 28 - 2021 (200hr Adv)
- Oct 17 - Nov 06 - 2021 (200hr)
- Oct 17 - Dec 11 - 2021 (500hr)
- Nov 07 - Nov 12 - 2021 (50hr)
- Nov 07 - Dec 11 - 2021 (300hr)
- Nov 14 - Nov 19 - 2021 (50hr Adv)
- Nov 21 - Dec 11 - 2021 (200hr Adv)