7 Day 50-Hr Restorative Aerial Yoga Teacher Training on Bali, Indonesia
Miix aerial with restorative and yin yoga, receive detailed analytics and alignment. Do unique workshops like aerial massage to decompress the spine, realign the vertebrae and reduce pain. Study the somatic, microfascial and parasympathetic nervous systems, biomechanics and health benefits of various asanas and trauma release. .
Do aerial in nature and release your inner child while flying through the jungle. Practice teaching every day to become a confident instructor. Receive a certificate of completion from ULU Yoga who is a 200/300-Hr Registered Yoga Alliance School.
- $50 Early Bird if you pay the total amount 6 weeks early (included in listed prices).
1) Book Now
- $199 Pay a deposit to book!
- $699 Tuition only (no room or food)
- Includes tuition, room & food
- $849 Shared dorm
- $899 Shared room
- $999 Private room
- $799 Extra person
- Aug 02 - Aug 08 (Restorative Aerial)
- Train at a designer yoga shala in lush nature
- Do creative workshops like aerial massage
- Relieve back pain with aerial therapy
- Practice restorative aerial hatha & yin
- Receive expert alignment & adjustments
- Learn anatomy of fascia and nervous system
- Practice teaching to be a confident instructor
- Yoga Alliance aerial training certificate
- Printed course manuals and online videos
- Free traditional Balinese massage
- Quality accommodation at a lovely resort
- Healing vegetarian food to nourish your body
- Bali is “The Island of the Gods”, one of the most popular destinations in the world. Ubud is a vibrant city full of boutique shops, temples and healthy cuisine. Budhi Ayu Villas has a beautiful roof top yoga shala surrounded by lush green nature and amazing views of Ubud.
- Packages include a healthy breakfast with several options including fresh tropical fruits, muesli, yogurt, eggs, asian rice and soup, ginger lemon tea and more. The resort has a nice restaurant offering lunch and dinner for as low as $3-5. Plus nearby are many superb restaurants including Sage, Bohemian, Eat Co., plus cheap local food and markets.
- Budhi Ayu Villas has clean spacious deluxe rooms, air-con, balcony, wi-fi, fridge, safe, TV, wardrobe, hot showers and bathtub, plus lush green gardens, swimming pool and restaurant. Shared rooms have two twin beds. A cheaper option is the Shared Dorm at Lagas Hostel (new name Red Doorz Hostel). Lagas has nice 6-8 person dorms and is just a 5 min walk from Budhi Ayu Villas.
- If your friend or partner wants to join the TT and share your private room (with one two beds), you will add this amount to your remaining balance.
- To save money you can just pay tuition. This option does not include food, accommodation, taxi fare, massage or additional activities. Tuition cost does include books, water and use of yoga mats, aerial swing and props. Nearby are many luxury and budget options for food and accommodation.
- The schedule is subject to change according to student needs and travel plans.
- 12:00 - 14:00 Check in
- 14:00 - 16:00 Orientation
- 16:00 - 18:00 Intro yoga
- 18:00 - 19:00 Dinner
- 19:00 - 20:30 Intro yoga
Monday - Friday
- 06:30 - 07:00 Mediation
- 07:00 - 09:00 Morning yoga
- 09:00 - 10:00 Breakfast
- 10:00 - 11:00 Lecture
- 11:00 - 13:00 Asana studies
- 13:00 - 15:30 Lunch
- 15:30 - 17:00 Workshops
- 17:00 - 18:30 Evening yoga
- 18:30 - 19:30 Dinner
- 06:30 - 09:00 Morning yoga
- 09:00 - 10:00 Breakfast
- 10:00 - 12:00 Closing ceremony
- Techniques, Training and Practice
- Each morning you will practice Aerial Restorative Yoga, which teaches how to align the body correctly and practice safely long held poses and gives space for deeper insight into the poses. Also included is daily guided meditation, pranayama breathing and kriya cleansing techniques to prepare the body and mind for a deeper spiritual practice. (daily)
- Explore the therapeutic aspects of aerial yoga by using swings and hammocks to stretch deeply into the connective fascia tissue, create traction, to decompress the spine, create space between the intervertebral discs, relieve nerve pressure and cure back pain using techniques from physical therapy, Thai massage, sound therapy and chakra opening. (daily).
- Analytical Training
- Receive detailed analytic instruction of traditional aerial yoga asanas and techniques along with their classical hatha yoga counterparts. Learn correct alignment, cueing, sequencing, adjustments, mistakes and modifications for various levels. Analytics are detailed with a course manual, which includes scripted sequences and over 50 pictures. (daily)
- Learn the biomechanics of movement, the principles of compression and proportion and working with different body types. Study the bodily systems including respiratory, muscular, skeletal and energetic. Examine the health benefits of various asanas and their ability to treat various illnesses and injuries. Educate yourself with the ancient science of ayurveda.
- Yoga is the relationship that is built between the body, the mind and the breath, creating space free from obstacles in your own body and spirit, yoga is freedom and release. Learn the biomechanics of movement and health benefits of various asanas and how to adapt the poses to various illnesses and injuries and different body and bone types.
- Study the myofascial and parasympathetic nervous system and their impact on the spine and overall health to bring liberation of mental and physical discomforts and activation of deep relaxation. With yogic and ayurvedic perception of energy and philosophy, we will create a new understanding of anxiety, depression and stress and the different ways to relieve it through mindfulness and somatic body work.
- Create an authentic yogic lifestyle with applying the Patanjali Yoga Sutras to daily life and to let your teachings be guided by the yamas and niyamas. Gain insight into the subtle layers of the energetic body, chakras and nadis and their relation to modern medical science. Learn the brief history of yoga and development of aerial from Iyengar and Anti-gravity styles.
- Teaching Practice
- Practice teaching everyday to gain experience and develop confidence. Also design and teach an original class each week followed by detailed feedback.
- Teaching Methodology
- Learn the qualities of a good teacher, different teaching styles, communication skills, principles of demonstration, observation, time management, group dynamics, fulfilling individual needs, working in various group settings plus establishing priorities and boundaries.
- Self Study
- During the course there is daily self-study, group work and various assignments such as designing original classes and preparing short presentations. Students must also complete some pre-course work. ULU Yoga has online videos to practice some basic poses and pranayama breathing techniques to build basic strength and endurance.
- Since 2014, ULU Yoga has led over 100 yoga courses and produced over 500 new instructors. ULU Yoga strives to be creative and unique while still honouring the sacred wisdom of traditional yoga as a means to better health, happiness and spiritual liberation.
- You will receive a 50-Hr Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Certification from ULU Yoga who is a 200/300/500-Hr Registered School with Yoga Alliance. Yoga Alliance members may count this as Additional Teacher Training Hours and receive a Certificate of Continuing Education.
- Aerial trainings include a detailed course manual with over 50 poses, scripted sequences, anatomy, yoga history and philosophy, class outlines, safety guides, technical info and videos.
ULU Yoga Swing
- On this course you will practice with the ULU Yoga Swing, which has cushion padding for greater comfort and support than regular silk hammocks, but you can bring your own hammock to use instead if you prefer.
- This course is open to all levels and students are recommended to take rest and modify as needed for advanced poses. Before starting the course you should do yoga at least twice a week for a couple months plus practice along with ULU Yoga's online videos and get a medical check-up.
- The key to ULU Yoga’s success has been open communication. Each week there is a group sharing circle to maintain group harmony and ensure your personal and academic needs are met so your time is truly enjoyable and nurturing on all levels to create a holistic experience.
- Instructors are carefully chosen so that each subject is taught by a trained specialist. Please double check with us to see who is teaching, as teacher availability can change.
Cody Gavin Pizer
- Cody (South Africa) started yoga in 2010. He completed his 200-Hr MultiStyle Yoga TT with Green Yoga in India. He also has certifications in aerial and SUP yoga. Cody has several years experience as lead instructor on numerous yoga trainings specializing in vinyasa, aerial and SUP yoga plus presents engaging lectures on anatomy and philosophy. He lectures on diet and nutrition as a long-time raw vegan intermittent faster plus has written books on mindfulness and meditation.
- Cody has led mindfulness retreats, mixed movement arts and parkour workshops in Bali, India, Malaysia and Cambodia plus taught at the famous Yoga Barn on Bali and Blue Indigo in Cambodia. He has an uninhibited spirit, which directs his life and inspires others to grow beyond themselves. Cody’s passion for movement as a whole interconnected discipline translates into all of his classes. He loves to motivate others through yoga, movement and philosophy to discover more about the miracle and magic that is the human body, mind and the world itself.
Saskia B. Mahler
- Shashi (Germany) is a certified RYT 500hr Hatha Yoga & 500h Aerial Yoga plus manager and lead instructor at ULU Yoga. After studying law Shashi did several years of intensive trainings and retreats in India and Thailand to study metaphysics, energetics yoga and Buddhist philosophy. Shashi unfolds her passions for the life changing power of Yoga with the creation of Aerial Restorative and Aerial Prenatal courses.
- Her fiery passion and infectious laughter serve as a transformative inspiration for students and the entire school. Shashi’s aim is it to show the compassionate way of self-healing through the opening and acceptance of the body and curiosity of the depth within. She is dedicated to share the invaluable gift yoga has to offer for the overall well being and happiness for all.
- Manjeet (India) started yoga and self awareness path in 2009. He completed his 200-Hr, 300-Hr, Yoga Therapy Module 1 & 2 MultiStyle Yoga TT with Parimukti yoga in India. He also has certifications in Meditation teacher training and Iyengar yoga. Manjeet has taught 3000+ hours in 50 plus yoga and meditation teacher trainings specialising in Hatha yoga, Meditations, Practical Yoga Philosophy, Chakras, Pranayama and more! He has a very Human approach to Yoga and believes in personalizing practices for everyone. Emotional Awareness and making a light, playful space also are Manjeet's speciality.His classes can range from discussions on our Shadows (related to parents, money, relationships, life experiences) to singing Mantra circles to Dance Therapy practices to blissed out Asana or Meditation sessions!
- Manjeet has led Chakra retreats, Dance Yoga trainings and Yoga Sharing circles & workshops in Bali & India. He has a Calming and Grounded presence which inspires others around him to come back to Simplicity and Ease of living. His highest purpose is to keep creating Space and Peace in his daily life and invite others to also keep choosing their Higher Self, Intuition and Connectedness with all that exists. Manjeet’s passion for Yoga has led him to becoming the face of a Modern Mystic Yogi - grounded in self practice and also embracing life and the joys it offers. He loves to motivate others through Self reflection, structured and improvised yoga poses and embodying the qualities of eastern heart and western mind balance.
Edward Pawlak (USA)
- Edward is a E-200-RYT Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga instructor, is certified in traditional Thai massage, completed several Buddhist meditation courses, and has taught over 2000 hours of Aerial Yoga. Edward started yoga in 2007, studying mainly in India and California. In 2014 Edward created ULU Yoga, which has now lead over 100 trainings and retreats around the world.
- Edward has volunteered at organic farms and retreat centres, did graduate studies in international education, taught university education plus worked in music theatre production and performance. Edward's passion is nurturing others to develop strength and confidence through creative exploration. Empowering others to attain health and happiness creates an abundance of universal love and understanding.
- Bali Massage is a healing system for pain, stress, injuries and rejuvenation using acupressure, assisted yoga postures to access the fascia and energetic channels (included with packages).
Things To Do
- One morning you will trek down the river gorge and do aerial flying through the wild jungle. Additional excursions may include kirtan with live music at Sayuri, ecstatic dance at the Yoga Barn and walk through the famous Monkey Forest.
Know To Go
- ULU Yoga provides aerial yoga swings, yoga mats, printed manuals and drinking water. You can bring or buy here a water bottle or personal yoga mat and yoga towel. You should also buy a SIM card at the airport for good wi-fi. At the airport you can get a 30 day visa for $35, which you can extend for another 30 days.
Payment & Registration
- After you pay your deposit please fill out the registration form, complete your pre-course work and pay your balance 7 days before arrival. The deposit is non-refundable 21 days before the start. You must pay the total amount 6 weeks in advance to get the Early Bird discount or that amount will be added to your remaining balance.
- On arrival to Denpasar airport, go to the official taxi reservation desk and book a taxi to your accommodation in Ubud. The trip is 60-90 min / 350,000IDR.
- Budhi Ayu Villa - Jln. Raya Nyuh Kuning Ubud Gianyar, MAS, Gianyar, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571.
- RedDoorz Hostel - Br, Jl. Raya Nyuh Kuning No.13, MAS, Kecamatan Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571.
- The most breathtaking and life-changing experience of my life! I started with the 50-Hr aerial teacher training but soon the wonderful people of this yoga teacher training program healed my soul and I couldn’t believe it but the magic was operating. I had to extend my stay in order to complete the full 200-Hr TTC and that was the best decision! Shashi represents the beauty of human beings so wonderfully that it is contagious! She helped me to believe in myself again after years of doubts! Her resources are endless and the way she shares it with love and passion is a blessing to this world!
- Edward deserves a medal for what he did! He has built this whole thing with his heart in order to truly help people. When someone is so passionate about what he does it is a blessing to be close in any way to this project. One of the best teachers I had on my path! Thank you endlessly for creating this opportunity for us! ULU Yoga isn’t only gonna give you the ability to become a multi style yoga teacher but they hand you the key to love in abundance! They’ve changed me and the way I perceive life and its surroundings! No money in there world can pay off what ULU Yoga and they’re wonderful teachers have given to me!
- I had the best experience with Ulu! The setting was on an island in Thailand- the resort was right next to the beach, and the weather was beautiful!!! There was a breakfast buffet everyday, which was amazing. And the beach (Haad Yao) was so picturesque. There were several instructors, and they were all amazing and knowledgeable! I loved how they put an emphasis on safety and how the poses are for each person's body. The course was a lot more intense than I had anticipated- but you learn a lot, and you get a lot of teaching practice. I took the 200hr multi-style course, so I had the pleasure of experiencing SUP yoga (on a paddle-board), acroyoga, aerial yoga, yin, hatha, vinyasa, and even a taste of ashtanga.
- Every instructor was wonderful, and I truly enjoyed learning from each and every one of them: Vik, Cody, Karen, Edward, Jennie, Minty, and the assistant: Becky. Everyone at both Ulu and Bounty Resort was super kind and helpful. The instructors were very understanding of our situation. Edward even let me borrow his phone when mine had broken. I would 100% recommend ULU for your yoga teaching program, and I would do the program again in a heartbeat:) I still miss the island and all the people on it!
- I've just completed my 200 hours and had an absolutely amazing experience. The amount of care and support I received with my colleagues was beyond my expectations. Edward was extremely accommodating, taking care in such a productive way to make sure I had a safe and positive experience. He helped me find my footing in Koh Phangan and offered recommendations as well as an amazing introduction to aerial yoga. Shashi gave 110% of herself to every session even after an unfortunate injury (non-yoga related). She seamlessly stitched things together for us with additional workshops and opportunities to keep the focus on growth and development which was absolutely well done and inspiring.
- Viktoria went above and beyond to pour her heart into all of us seeking to understand the true meaning of yoga and healing. One hug from her can inspire you for the entire course if you let it. Alon was hands down the most technical instructor I've ever had the pleasure of learning from. His sense of humour brought the perfect balance of lightness and attention to every session. He gave us the willpower to push ourselves and become the best version of ourselves for ourselves. There were also a few others who guest appeared in the course and brought wonderful diversity and variety to the experience. Overall incredible. I would have stayed another 200 hours if life allowed. 10/10, I highly recommend.